- Prepared for and chaired board meeting of Kilkee Waterworld.
- The annual ‘putting’ up of the Christmas lights in Kilkee… much fun had by all…as usual..:-)
- Attended the DeValera Day 40th Anniversary in Ennis which addressed by An Taoiseach Micheal Martin. Followed up with the official opening of the office of Cathal Crowe TD.
- Met with West Clare Senior Executive Ofiicer John O Malley in Doonbeg to discuss a number of issues with regards to the village.
- Did an interview with our local radio station Radio Corca Baiscinn.
- Attended the Local Community Development Committee funding sub committee to discuss grant applications and scoring.
- Discussion with the senior planner with regards to some local planning issues.
- Met with the area supervisor to discuss a number of local roads issues.
- Attended the December Corporate Policy Group meeting.
- Met with the consultants preparing the feasibility study for the future development of Colaiste Ui Chomhraidh in Carrigaholt.
- As Cathaoirleach of the West Clare MD I presented the gifts to local community members at the Clare County Council ‘Gifting’ event…where individuals and organisations were recognised by the council for their extraordinary work during the year.
- Met with the West Clare MD SEO, John O Malley to discuss a number of projects in West Clare.
- Met with a group of concerned community members in Slievacurry, Mount Callan, with regards to the proposed development of a wind farm in their backyards…agreed to make a submission on their behalf.
- Met with John Aston with regards to the Loop Head Together development strategy
- Took part in a Zoom meeting with staff from the Munster TechnologicalUniversity with regards to the development of a new MA in Regenerative Tourism.
- Got a briefing on housing in Clare from our housing section
- Attended the December plenary meeting of Clare County Council where i brought a NOM on the impact of short term lets on the housing situation in Clare.
- Prepared questions for the upcoming Regional Health Forum meeting.
- Attended a briefing on the Failte Ireland Platforms for Growth project in Kilkee
- Regional Health Forum Committee meeting
- Lodged planning submission supporting the local residents for the Slievacurry Windfarm
- As chair of the board of Kilkee Waterworld i had to meet with AIB regarding restructuring of finances.
- Discussion with local area planner regarding a number of planning files/representations.
- Attended a briefing on the new expenses system for local elected members. Transparency has always been incredibly important, and especially around expenses, i have always only claimed vouched expenses since taking office.
- Meeting with the stakeholder engagement officer for the ‘Simply Blue’ offshore wind farm company to discuss how the communities of West Clare can be brought to the table and involved in a better way.
- attended the launch of the new marketing videos by Loop Head Tourism… amazing work and really showcases the peninsula in a responsible way.
- Christmas break…its been a really busy month, and a really busy year… time to hang up the boots until the 4th of January….looking forward to some downtime with friends and family.
- Took part in an LCDC funding sub-committee assessing allocation of funding for Social Enterprises
- Guest speaker at a community energy webinar about the Kilkee Sustainable Energy Community
- Attended an online presentation by the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage on the development of the new Local Economic & Community Plan for Clare
- Collected my son, who we hadn’t seen for two years, from the airport….:-)
- Interview with Clare FM on the December notice of motion on the impact short terms lets are having in Clare. Link to the story in the Clare Champion here.
- Got an update from TAP Creative on progress with the development of the Kilkee branding exercise.