- Dealing with low or no water pressure issues at the Loop Head Group Water Scheme. Discussions with affected local residents and with staff within both our own council services and Irish Water
- Meeting with the Visitor Management Consultant working on the Loop Head Lighthouse project
- Dealt with a number of planning issues
- Worked on the appointment of a company secretary for Kilkee Waterworld
- Further work on the issue of low water pressure at Loop Head
- Attended an online meeting with residents of Dun na Mara in Doonbeg with regards to the planning permission for a large caravan park at the entry to the village
- Discussion with local engineer about the provision of toilets at Seafield Beach, Quilty.
- Chaired a meeting of West Clare MD councillors, senior MD staff and executive to discuss the implications of the proposed population and housing projections on the rural and coastal communities we represent.
- Attended the launch in Ennis of a number of developments by Darragh O Brien, Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage. Took the opportunity to bring up the issue of the lack of affordable housing in coastal communities, and the impact of the NPF and RSES on our ability as councillors to create an ambitious county development plan and one that will protect and ensure the survival of rural and coastal settlements
- Meeting to discuss the future development of the West Clare Municipal District Sustainable Energy Community
- Full council workshop on the County Development Plan
- Wrote up a submission with regards to a planning application for a large tourism development in Doonbeg. Primary access/egress was through the Dun Na Mara estate which in my view would have seriously injured the capacity of the residents to enjoy the amenity of their homes.
- A number of on site meetings with local constituents regarding matters of concern for them.
- Meeting with housing section with regards to new applications for those seeking to get on the local authority housing list
- On site meeting with our Senior Executive Officer to discuss the location and future management of the proposed Failte Ireland funded water sports activity centre in Kilkee
- A full council workshop to discuss issues around population and housing target allocations in the new County Development Plan.
- Corporate Policy Group meeting in Council office in Ennis
- Discussion with the relevant staff members around a number of housing issues
- Chaired the September meeting of the West Clare Municipal District
- Attended a public meeting in Kilmihil to discuss the recent allocation of a council house.
- Attended a Housing for All briefing for councillors
- Attended a Local Community Development Committee funding sub-committee meeting to discuss the allocation of Community Enhancement Program grants
- Met with a number local constituents to discuss matters concern
- Clare FM interview about the need for a dedicated helicopter landing pad in Kilkee to service the town, Loop Head Peninsula and wider West Clare area.
- Spoke with the SEO in Shannon MD about the pump track in Shannon, whether it would be something we could look at here in West Clare, specifically around the costings of building, maintenance and management.
- Attended a meeting with senior staff, board members and others with regards to future plans for the Colaiste Ui Chomhrai in Carrigaholt
- Spent a few hours reading strategy documents relevant to our County Development Plan and Housing for All….and catching up with the paperwork…
- A busy few days with a large number of discussions with senior staff around environmental and housing issues in West Clare
- Chaired a briefing for the West Clare MD on the Corofin Enhancement Plan
- Meeting to discuss the accounts for Kilkee Waterworld
- Attended a briefing to funding sub-committee of the Local Community Development Committee about the Social Enterprises Fund 2021
- Met a number of constituents to discuss various items of concern for them
- Attended a West Clare MD workshop to discuss the settlement strategies for West Clare towns and villages
- Workshop with TAP Creations to deliver Kilkee; Gateway to the Ocean branding
- Meeting to discuss a future tourism project on the Loop Head Peninsula
- Meeting with a homeowner to discuss an environmental issue affecting his property, and resulting follow up discussions with the environmental section of Care Co Co to resolve the issue
- Discussion with manager of Kilkee waterworld to discuss the current operations up to the end of October
- Second discovery workshop with TAP Creations for the Kilkee Gateway to the Ocean branding
- Attended the Rural Strategic Policy Committee meeting
- Attended another full council workshop on the County Development Plan
- Discussions with the Loop Head Community Garden with regards to funding supports
- Chaired a West Clare MD workshop on the County Development Plan
- Training webinar on Climate Policy in the Development Plan
- Held a number of meetings with local constituents, follow up discussion with the relevant departments in Clare Co Co
- Filled out the funding drawdown paperwork for a number of grants issued to Kilkee Enterprise Development Company and their partners Kilkee Tidy Towns, Smyths Gardens Residents Association, and Kilkee Currach Club
- Followed up a report into fly tipping on the coast road with the environment section of Clare Co Co
- Dealt with a number of planning queries
- Attended a full council workshop on the County Development Plan
- Attended a Regional Health Forum Meeting where i put the following questions
- “Given the struggle many Disability Service Providers are currently having with recruiting staff, leaving many families without this vital support, can the HSE, as an interim measure, allocate this funding directly to the families to facilitate them sourcing and paying for the required support privately.”Attended a Regional Health Forum meeting where i put the following questions to the relevant agencies;
- “Can I be provided with an update on the proposed timeline for the delivery of the primary care centre in Kilrush.”
- “Can the operational procedures for dispatchers in the National Ambulance Service be amended to ensure an estimated time of arrival by the ambulance to the required location, based on the current real time situation, be included as a matter of form rather than as a response to a request from the caller.”
- Meeting with the manager of Kilkee Waterworld and the Chief Executive of Clare Co Co to discuss the future plans for the Waterworld, and how the local authority might provide support in their delivery.
- Officially opened the new Kilkee Fire Station along with Mayor of Clare PJ Ryan, CE of Clare Co Co Pat Dowling and Chief Fire Officer Aiden Kelly
- An evening meeting with the Kilkee Playground Committee to discuss future plans and funding requirements
- Attended a West Clare MD workshop on the County Development Plan
- Chaired a special meeting of the West Clare MD
- Meeting in Kilmihil with a local business person interested in developing a number of projects.
- Helped to fill out local info into forms for the Failte Ireland funded water sports activity centre proposed for Kilkee.