- Briefing by the Housing Directorate on the Part VIII social housing scheme in Doonbeg
- Quarterly briefing on housing situation in Clare including an update on the Choice Based Letting system
- Failte Ireland Briefing on the Cliff Coast Destination Experience Development Plan
- Attended the bi-monthly West Clare Municipal District meeting, where I requested, along with my MD colleagues, that management of our coastal amenities are better resourced to cater for the expected increase in visitors.
- I also requested an assessment of Whitestrand Beach, Doonbeg be undertaken with a view to ensuring a long term strategic approach to its maintenance and improvement, and that immediate works be undertaken to repair the steps.
- The last item I brought to this meeting was the necessity of placing some sort of speed limit on the Dunlickey Road, Kilkee to ensure the safety of all users of the Cliff Walk.
- Clare FM interview on the need for extra resources at our coastal amenities.
- Attended an online webinar with interested Kilkee residents on the development of the Kilkee Sustainable Energy Community
- Investigated a report of fly tipping on the Cliff Road Kilkee, followed up with the environment section and helped clean it up
- Briefing on Shannon Tourism Masterplan from Waterways Ireland
- Attended the monthly full council meeting.
I put forward a motion requesting that Darragh O Brien, Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, would undertake a review of the housing income thresholds for social housing eligibility.
- Clare FM interview on Housing Income Thresholds
- Webinar on Transforming Energy Systems for a Low Carbon Future
- Followed up with senior staff on the playground insurance motion I put forward last December
- Discussed with senior staff, and hopefully resolved, the on-going insurance issue with opening the Kilmihil Peoples Park facility
- Discussed the setting up of a committee for Farrihy Graveyard with local community members and met with council staff to discuss supports in the future
- Online meeting with a grid consultant to discuss, and understand, the requirements of the electrical grid system in West Clare for community energy generation projects
- Attended a virtual town-hall meeting with Minister Charlie McConalogue on fishing and coastal communities
- Met with a group interested in setting up a Kilkee Community Council
- Met with Ray Foley the Clare Clean Coasts officer, to film a piece about the need for everyone to take more responsibility when disposing of their waste.
- Sat on the interview panel for the new manager for Kilkee Waterworld
- Attended the Rural Strategic Policy Committee meeting
- Met with senior council executives to discuss future support for the Colaiste Ui Chomhraidhe in Carrigaholt and identify possible grant schemes
- Met with a group of residents in Doonbeg about the development of a social housing scheme in the village
- Met with Kilkee Golf Club to discuss how to enhance the roadside and pathway up to Georges Head car park
- Attended a Kilkee Chamber of Commerce meeting as a guest to keep them updated on the outdoor dining grant schemes and to explain the requirement to have, and process of applying for, section 254 licenses to allow businesses use public spaces
- Got my first vaccine shot!!!
- Attend a special council meeting called to discuss the closure of the Aer Lings base in Shannon Airport
- Training course for public representatives on Audit and Governance – Roles and Responsibilities of Board members
- Briefing by EirGrid on the launch of their 14 week public consultation on the future of the electricity grid
- Site meeting with engineers and senior staff at Kilkee Waterworld to discuss future development of the Failte Ireland water based activity centre
- Meeting with housing department staff highlighting some of the concerns for residents around the Part VIII planning application for 8 social houses in Doonbeg
- Online discussion with Fianna Fail colleagues about the closure of the Aer Lingus Cabin Crew base in Shannon Airport
- Attended an AILG training workshop on ‘Rural Planning & Development Policy’ provided by the Office of the Planning Regulator
- Took part in a Municipal District discussion on the Ennis 2040 strategy and its implications for the rural and coastal communities here in West Clare
- Attended a board of directors meeting for Kilkee Waterworld Ltd.
- Meeting with John Aston of Astoneco to discuss progress on the Loop Head Development plan.
- According to my CRM system, i have made over 40 new representations on behalf of constituents this month, and followed up on many others made in previous months…
- Virtual Special Meeting of West Clare Municipal District to ratify the decision on the town & village paint scheme
- Discussion on the upcoming Clare County Council Beach By-laws
- Fianna Fail party briefing on the Ennis 2040 strategy at Council HQ
- Online meeting with West Clare MD colleagues to discuss the implications the Ennis 2040 strategy on our communities
- Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) meeting to discuss the Community Enhancement Programme (CEP)2021 funding criteria and scoring.
- Clare FM Morning Focus to discuss the existing, and extra, resources being allocated to our beach resorts and coastal amenities for the summer
- Discussions with senior council staff regarding the up coming West Clare MD Casual Trading By Laws
- Meeting with new manager of Kilkee Waterworld
- Spent all day catching up with constituency work
- Attended an Association of Irish Local Government (AILG) briefing on the ‘Moorehead Report on pay and conditions for elected members
- Meeting with residents of Dun na Mara estate in Doonbeg, t discuss some proposed solutions I had helped work out with the project management team with regards to some very valid concerns regarding the construction of 8 new houses; safety, storm water, rights of way, privacy and construction management.
- Looked at roads in Clarefield following on from reports of the very poor conditions and the potential impact on local businesses and community members
- Attended the June council meeting. I put forward a motion that Clare Co Co would request a report from the EPA detailing the steps they have taken so far in holding Irish Water to account on the lack of progress in developing a waste water treatment plant for Kilkee a) to adequately protect the Kilkee Reefs SAC b) to adequately protect bathing water quality in Kilkee Beach c) to protect the public who use the beach in Kilkee
- I also seconded a joint motion requesting Minister Simon Coveney introduce and lead co-sponsorship of a UN resolution to propose the adoption of a global ban on fracking
- Attended Kilkee Waterworld Board meeting
- Second vaccine jab…:-) Credit where its due…thank you to an extremely efficient team at the West County,
- Met with a group of concerned homeowners who will be impacted very severely by the proposed Cahermurphy 2 wind farm
- Briefing on the review of the Clare Rural Development Strategy
- Attended remainder of the June council meeting